Sunday 17 June 2012

Shopping day

Does anyone else dread shopping day? I sure do since theres all this yummy food that I love to eat and usually buy. Today though I have to have a little brag. I saw some chocolate muffins in the bakery section at Coles that I thought looked delicious and were on special. Now normally I would buy them but today I just turned my head the other way and kept on shopping. In fact I didn't buy any bad stuff at all I kept to the list. That would have to be a first in a long time.
Normally I end up with a lot of other stuff that we don't need in the trolley and the shop ends up costing way more. $135 the total shop came to and that included Sophies box of Nappies and Formula which add up to about $50 on their own. Most of the shop was fresh fruit and vegies. Usually the weekly shop comes to about $150 and then we end up with takeaway anyway....Whoever says eating healthy is expensive is a liar who obviously hasn't tried and just making excuses.
Another confession too. I have been taking sneak peaks in peoples trolleys while shopping and also look at the size of them. You can really see with what they buy and their size that its what they always buy. The healthier people have a lot of healthy food while the larger obese people have a pile of garbage in it and most likely wonder why they can't fit into their jeans. I know theres a lot of people doing the 12WBT who are obese (I'm classified as Obese) and are now buying healthier foods too but you can really tell the people who want to change their lives by just looking at whats in their trolley.
I am really loving this new way of living. My skin is a lot softer and I can feel an improvement in my depression already. Even though I am on anti-depressants which sure they do help, but I don't want to be on them for the rest of my life.
I will add as well that I kind of cheated yesterday and weighed myself even though Wednesday is weigh in day and not Saturday...Under 80kg *Does a happy dance*. I cannot remember the last time I was under 80kg. I will reveal my proper weigh in on Wednesday when I do my weekly weigh in....I make a vow right now to  not touch the scales until Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment